Charleston Culinary Social Media Club donates to Ukraine
CHARLESTON, SC (WCSC) – Tastemakers CHS, a culinary social media club in Charleston, is launching CHS Restaurants for Ukraine to help those suffering from war.
Until the end of March, they challenged restaurants in Charleston to choose one item from their menu. Then they ask them to donate $1 from each purchase to Global Giving’s Ukrainian crisis relief fund.
Global Giving aims to raise $10 million to help provide shelter, food, clean water, health support and economic assistance to refugees.
Tastemakers CHS founder Charlotte Berger said she plans to extend her campaign until April to reach more restaurants.
“April 1, we’re expanding to Greenville, Columbia, Georgetown, statewide,” Berger said.
So far, 20 restaurants have taken the pledge. Florence’s Lowcountry Kitchen is thrilled to be part of this campaign.
“We have people from Ukraine working with us, so we know their families there are struggling as well, so we feel for those people there,” said Myles Thompson, Florence’s Lowcountry kitchen manager. . “If we can do something to help them, we have no problem doing it.”
Tastemakers say if people donate to Global Giving, they’ll match up to $500 through the end of the month. All they have to do is take a screenshot, share it on social media and tag @tastemakerschs.
To support, see below for a list of participating local restaurants and their designated charity items.
- 82 Queen- Beet Mule
- Jalisco – Beet Mule
- Florence’s Lowcountry Kitchen – Beet Mule
- Pink cactus – Queso
- FIG – Gnocchi
- Canteen Malika – Shakkar Kandi Chaat
- Holy City Brewing – Porkstrami Reuben
- Freehouse Brewery – Folly Blonde Ale
- Lewis Barbecue – El Sancho
- Firefly Distillery – Bluebird Cocktail
- Grotto of Circe – Fondant Turkey Panini
- High Wire – Strawberry Gin Fizz
- The Pass – any bottle of wine
- Charleston Distilling Co. – Kiev Mule
- Gluten-free Patagonian Queen – all online orders
Copyright 2022 WCSC. All rights reserved.