West Virginia reports 1,710 new COVID-19 cases, 20 more deaths
CHARLESTON, WV (WOWK) — According to the West Virginia Department of Health and Human Resources (DHHR), there are currently 15,490 active cases of COVID-19 statewide.
Health officials are reporting 1,710 new cases of COVID-19 and a total of 20 additional deaths, bringing the total number to 446,771 cases and 5,763 COVID-19-related deaths throughout the pandemic.
DHHR has confirmed the following 20 recent COVID-19 deaths of a 56-year-old woman from Mercer County, a 76-year-old man from Jackson County, a 72-year-old man from Ohio County, 79 year old male from Jefferson County, 54 year old male from Kanawha County, 74 year old male from Harrison County, 42 year old male from Roane County, 86 year old male from Monongalia County , 52-year-old female from Jefferson County, 74-year-old male from Pleasants County, 74-year-old male from Kanawha County, 61-year-old female from Monongalia County, 57-year-old female from Berkeley County, a 74 year old male from Jefferson County, a 60 year old female from Randolph County, a 79 year old female from Mineral County, a 79 year old male from Marion County, a 48 year old female from Mineral County, a 92-year-old man from Raleigh County, and a 67-year-old man from Ohio County.
Current active cases of COVID-19 by county include:
Barbour (139), Berkeley (546), Boone (265), Braxton (56), Brooke (110), Cabell (990), Calhoun (40), Clay (57), Doddridge (69), Fayette (756), Gilmer (41), Grant (114), Greenbrier (418), Hampshire (139), Hancock (154), Hardy (103), Harrison (541), Jackson (83), Jefferson (269), Kanawha (1,862) , Lewis (82), Lincoln (236), Logan (371), Marion (438), Marshall (225), Mason (310), McDowell (261), Mercer (688), Mineral (202), Mingo (275) , Monongalia (700), Monroe (205), Morgan (84), Nicholas (299), Ohio (309), Pendleton (62), Pleasants (38), Pocahontas (22), Preston (217), Putnam (606) , Raleigh (846), Randolph (153), Ritchie (79), Roane (82), Summers (139), Taylor (156), Tucker (19), Tyler (70), Upshur (151), Wayne (314) , Webster (63), Wetzel (151), Wirt (37), Wood (563), Wyoming (285).
According to the WV DHHR, 1,064 people are currently hospitalized with COVID-19 in West Virginia. 230 of them are in intensive care and 116 of them are on ventilators. The WV DHHR has updated its COVID-19 dashboard to include pediatric hospitalizations related to COVID-19. The dashboard shows 13 children in West Virginia are hospitalized with the virus, including five in intensive care. Three children are currently on ventilators.
12,929 cases of the Delta variant and 1,414 cases of the Omicron variant have been detected.
Health officials say a total of 425,518 West Virginians have recovered from the virus.
The free pop-up COVID-19 test is available today in the following counties:
- Barbour County
- Berkeley County
- 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m., Airborne Church, 172 Creative Place, Martinsburg, WV
- 8:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m., Shenandoah Community Health, 99 Tavern Road, Martinsburg, WV (pre-registration optional: https://unityphr.com/campaigns/wvlabs/covid)
- 10:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m., 891 Auto Parts Place, Martinsburg, WV (pre-registration optional: https://unityphr.com/campaigns/wvlabs/covid)
- Boone County
- Braxton County
- Cabell County
- 8:00 a.m.-4:00 p.m., Marshall University Campus (parking lot), 1801 6th Avenue, Huntington, WV (pre-registration optional: https://wv.getmycovidresult.com/)
- 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m., Cabell-Huntington Health Department (parking lot), 703 Seventh Avenue, Huntington, WV (pre-registration optional: https://wv.getmycovidresult.com/)
- Fayette County
- 10:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m., Fayette County Health Department, 5495 Maple Lane, Fayetteville, WV
- Gilmer County
- Greenbrier County
- County of Hampshire
- Hancock County
- Jefferson County
- Lewis County
- Lincoln County
- Logan County
- 12:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m., Old 84 Lumber Building, 100 Recovery Road, Peach Creek, WV (pre-registration optional: https://unityphr.com/campaigns/wvlabs/covid)
- Marion County
- 10:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m., Dunbar School Foundation, 101 High Street, Fairmont, WV
- Marshall County
- mineral county
- 10:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m., Potomac State College, Church McKee Art Center, 101 Fort Avenue, Keyser, WV
- Mingo County
- 9:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m., Matewan Volunteer Fire Department, 306 McCoy Street, Matewan, WV (pre-registration optional: https://labpass.com/en/registration?access_code=WVMGC)
- Monongalia County
- 7:00 a.m. – 10:00 a.m., WVU Recreation Center (lower level), 2001 Rec Center Drive, Morgantown, WV
- Monroe County
- Morgan County
- Ohio County
- Putnam County
- 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m., Putnam County Health Department (behind Liberty Square), 316 Putnam Village Drive, Hurricane, WV (pre-registration optional: https://wv.getmycovidresult.com/)
- Raleigh County
- Randolph County
- Ritchie County
- 1:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m., Ritchie Regional, 135 South Penn Avenue, Harrisville, WV
- Taylor County
- 2:00 – 4:00 p.m., Grafton-Taylor Health Department, 718 West Main Street (parking lot at Operations Trailer), Grafton, WV (pre-registration optional: https://wv.getmycovidresult.com/)
- Tyler/Wetzel counties
- Upshur County
- Wayne County
- wood county